Let Today Be The First Day.... You do you!




 The Artist Tank

Hello guys!!! I know you are wondering why you are looking at this picture of Tank. Well, I decided to update you all on why I haven't checked in and he just happens to be one of the reasons I've been away. In my efforts to strive to expand my business, the lover of music that I am lead me to have a summer music festival in my city. This event was something I never knew would take off the way it did and I'm glad that I did it! Okay so here is how doing something local can get you tapped into something national.

If you step out on faith you will be amazed at the things and the doors it will open. I took a chance and reached out to investors to partner with me to bring Tank into our city for an evening of great music and fun. Luckily once I presented this to them they believed in me enough to be apart of it! One thing I've learned about business is it either will make you or break you and I must say right now I'm loving the learning experience of it all. His name is David Jackson (pictured right) and he is am up and coming mogul in the making! Look out for his new artist J Chozen (pictured left) on his record label Certified Platinum Entertainment. More about J Chozen a little later. But, this was not only an opportunity for me to bring in hometown talent to give them exposure, it was a chance for me to tap into another side of my business which is event planning.

I can say that as much as I brought to the table David added even more. He taught me a lot and I will forever be thankful and grateful for him taking a chance on me. Everything worked out in our favor and we were able to successfully get Tank secured (Thanks to David) to do the show. After several phonecalls, emails, planning, and trail and errors; we had everything set for the day. Now, more about the young man pictured above R&B newcomer J Chozen. Born and raised in Albany, Ga and is what we call a beast vocally. If you don't know or haven't heard J Chozen I suggest you look him up on YouTube (promise you won't be disappointed). I called him to asked if he would come to Albany to open for Tank and he gladly said yes! So, there it was; the show was set up and ready to go. We get to the day of the show and the weather hadn't been so favorable for us, but keep in mind we had faith. So, even though it wasn't looking good God saw fit to allow it to be a great success! Not only did Tank come and give a show to remember, but he truly left his heart on the stage. I can appreciate an artist who gives the best they have wherever they are. When I met him once I picked him up from the airport he surprised me, because he was so down to earth. I'm expecting a heavily gaurded and quiet person and the first thing I get when he walks out of the airport is laughs! He was so down to earth and humble it was very refreshing. He stated "I'm here Albany! What are we doing tonight"? Rain or shine this guy was ready to give us a show and inded he did just that!

Fast forward to the night of the show and as we prepped for it David and I took turns with our local djs for the live remote to let the people know how exciting of a night we were about to have and urged them to come out to enjoy the night with us. J Chozen is in town and ready to go and now it's time to start the show. When I see anyone from home doing great things I can only applaud them. It was amazing to see J Chozen do his thing. He represented for his label, his home, and gave the ladies an indepth look into who he is. Tank was our guest, but J Chozen was definently in rare form! Now it's time for Tank to hit the stage... Let's just say the rest was history! The ladies were very pleased with everything and a few of them walked away with more than what they came for. We even had men in the audience vibing with Tank. His background singers and his dj (who by the way was amazing) were all great. It was one of those moments you hear about and wish you could have been apart of.

I can ramble on and on about this night, but one word to sum it up was.... EPIC!!! I experienced a lot of great things this day, but the most important was at the end of it all, all of the frustration, headaches (we all got and gave one another lol), and work David called and gave me the best advice anyone could ever share with me. He says that no matter what happens you should always have your partners back and best interest at hand. No Matter What! I had to learn to take it easy, lighten up a little, and not allow the hard times to break me. I truly soaked it all in and I am even more humbled by it as I type. I could go on about how this night ended, but I will just share some of the pics from the show. A big thank you to David Jackson (CEO/Certified Platinum Ent.), The Hilton Garden Inn, Downtown Albany, CPE, Big Pete Johnson, Aaron Blair (Downtown Manager), Moniue Broughton (Assistant to Downtown Manager), Chris Bailey, Martez Favis (Visionary Artisans), Reginald Sweet, Moes Southwestern Grill, Ryan Houston (WALB), Sonja Miller (Kreative Touch Management), Jimmie Fair (Urban Divinci Photographer) and every and anyone who played a part big or small in making this night a reality. So live your life and never forget... You can learn the most valuable lessons in life from those you least expect! Quick disclamer all photos are copyritten and all rights are reserved UDV Photography.

Here it is....
Photos and Interview from JHeather Enterprises/Certified Platinum Ent. Presents... Tank
For more pictures from the evening please visit http://www.behance.net/gallery/Tank-Live-In-Albany-Ga/4755975







J Chozen and IMOB CEO Wyzdum McCray


David Jackson (CEO Certified Platinum Ent.) and Mega Producer Kenjo




Your Favorite Authors, Author Heather Johnson (CEO JHeather Enterprises)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes