The point of it all..

Good morning all! This morning I woke up feeling kinda groggy, but never the less I am thankful. Listening to some Rihanna to get my day going and begin to think about relationships. What would be the perfect relationship? I know many of us have different views on what is and what isn't the crem de la crem'. In my quest for growth I have learned so much about myself that I never knew and that changed a lot of the way that I thought about relationships as a whole. Honestly, have you gotten to know the best of you before you decided to get involved with someone? Don't bust your brain trying to answer that question because if your honest the answer is no. I thought I knew myself until I had to be put into a situation where I had no choice but learn to be content and happy alone. Trust me the process wasn't easy because I had never been alone and as far as I can remember I always had a man in my life. I actually felt bad when I found out that I had to cope without what I considered to be security. Trust me in the beginning it was not easy, but as time progressed things got better. Once you begin to accept things about you that others have had to deal with you get a better respect for people in general. A lot of the things I found out about myself were not good, but me being alone has given me time to work on those things. How can we be good for or with someone when we are not happy with ourselves? I wonder if we ever stop to say "let me make sure I'm ready" instead of just making decisions based on our emotions as we often times do. I was so clouded at one point in life that I really didn't know what love was and when it came to me genuinly in the form of a relationship I didn't know how to process it. So, that lead me to another question. If you have no idea of what love is; how can you receive it without thinking there are motives behind it or be able to give that same love back? These things are not as complicated as they seem, but they are important. My grandmother used to tell us that love is what it does, I have found that to be so true. Love is more than a mere word its an action and to live it and walk in it you have to know that it won't always be the best. We live life and experience a range of things but at the end of the day love is what will remain. So, when you're confused about what you want out of life and where it is you think you should be do a self check and see if you are satisfied with the results you come up with. Have a great day and smile...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes