Just a little will do.

As I sit here this morning with tears in my eyes, I am thankful that I haven't been left behind. God does things in his own timing and what we think about it has no affect on him either way. If how we wanted to do things were the way; then why is it that he is our saviour. I've had to recover from things and have been at times at a loss for words. Sometimes not even being able to pray a single prayer because the damage of what I had gone through took that much out of me. But, the thought of just me being thankful filled the gap when I couldn't say it. I always want my worship and my thanks to be real and somehow along the way I got lost, but I didn't leave and that makes all of the difference in where he takes me next. For the first time in a long time I prayed and God allowed me to have the words to say and it wasn't even about me. I'm full this morning because it didn't take a long time and it didn't take much for me to get into his presence. He was there all of the time for such a time as this. I'm at my lowest, yet God found a way to lift me up. Do you ever consider what it takes to be as forgiving and merciful as he is? I never know how much it cost to see my sins up on the cross... Just a little, but it says a multitude. That's why I worship him, that's why I can be an open book and tell how he brought me out. He didn't have to do what he did in dying to save me or you, but he did. Be more than, be greater than, be just who he has called you to be. Whatever area of life you are in know that he loves you and you're worth far more than just your job or your title. He's turning it around just for you! Do more than the usual, be more than the expected. God is still in control.

Kim Burrell @ Jamm Conference 2011


2 comments:

THE_MAUILOGUES said...

I really appreciated this when I read it because I too was going through. I have a bad habit of reliving my past and when I do it leaves me numb for a while. I know that God has brought me from a mighty long way and I know that he is going to continue to. God never has to find His was to us, he just leaves us to ourselves some time. I think that he is trying to see exactly how strong our faith is!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS ONE!!!! AND THE MUSIC MINISTRY TOO..... ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS. SO POWERFUL BECAUSE HE LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR US AND ALL HE WANT IS RETURN IS YES!!! TO HIS WILL AND TO HIS WAY.

Heather Johnson said...

So very true! What kind of love takes you back after so many of us walk away or give up? God's love! Can't beat it and noone can love you or me that way!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes