In Everything, Give Thanks...

Well look at the time! Ha! Caught you off guard today huh? Well, here I am and however late it is in the day I pray you have had a productive one. Ok! I know you're wondering what do I have in store for you all this evening and I can't wait to share it. I use to have a life of privilege and was accustomed to nice things, but in order for God to get my attention he had to strip those things away. I always wondered why was it that when God wants to get our attention he touches those things that we hold near and dear. Well I found out that sometimes all God wants from us is the same attention that we give those material things, people, and jobs we have in our lives.

How does this tell me about being thankful Heather? Well, I will tell you. Do you ever wonder why it is you go through some of the things you face at times? Maybe it's because you have lost your place and God needs to know if he can trust you. We often times ask God for miracles, increase, and numerous other blessings and forget about the mere fact that he thought enough of us to wake us this morning, or the fact that you were able to put a key into a door and open it and the door you walked into led you into the house that he favored you with, and lets not forget that he thought enough of us to allow you the opportunity to just exhist.

By now you should be blinking your eyes, moving the arms you have mobility of, shaking your legs that you were able to stand on, and opening your mouth and just saying; "Thank You Lord". Because someone didn't wake up this morning, someone lost all they had, someones life was forever changed in an instance and we continue to go to him more than we just give him thanks. Matthew 25:23 says; " His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Once God can recognize and you have proved to him that those "little things" can carry you just because of his grace and mercy in your life, then can he bless you. But, know for those of you who may feel like no matter how hard you try, things don't seem to be getting better; struggle not because even in your period of not having God has blessed you. I have been meditating on this song for the past two days and I pray it is more than a blessing to you!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes