Just say thank you...

Press Play & Read


My weekend was way more exciting than expected folks! I hope you all missed me as much as I missed you. The city was so alive and everywhere I turned I saw a smiling face and people showing love to one another. Have you ever asked yourself the question; " am I too friendly or am I too loving to others"? Well, I asked myself that very question this weekend. I'm able to separate true relationships from casual ones, yet that doesn't stop me from being positive and nice towards others. It took some time for me to get to this place and I will say this; I am happier now to say that I can. Which leads me to what I want to discuss today.

I realized this weekend that no matter what others may think of the way I show love, I do it because it's genuine and it comes from a pure place. I'm well aware that some of the people I love on may not reciprocate that same love back to me; in public smiling and behind closed doors degrading me. One thing you have to learn is at the end of the day you are responsible for your actions and you can't control how others act. So, if you're led to say thank you, I appreciate you, I love you, or you're needed; do so and not be tied to the thought of how others may view what you are doing. People like to know that you notice them and their acts and if they have helped you even the least you should let them know you care. One of the things that is not guaranteed in life is time and we take for granted that it's not promised to any of us.

So in your search to find the good in others and appreciate kind gestures or others will to help you become a better person remember what I always say; "Love isn't Love, till you've given it away". God loved us inspite of our situations so at some point we are responsible for ensuring we give that love away. Loving those you know who despise you is a true test of character and the God in you! Make the devil the liar that he already is.


Edward Wingfield (creator of Skunk Bro. Clothing) & Dyshelda Leonard (owner of Fancy Boutique)
Homecoming 2011


4 comments:

NUNU said...

Loving this Heather keep motivating and keep uplifting we def need more of you in the world today!!!

Heather Johnson said...

Thank you NuNu for your comment. Life is full of learning tools and I am and will forever be its student.

The Therapist said...

I love this!! I think we all tend to love folks that don't really love us. This really shed some light on a few things for me. I have been speaking to a certain individuals just in passing, the simple, "Hi.", because I have gotten past what they are holding on to, and they wouldn't even respond. On Saturday I gave up on them and gave it to GOD, he will fix that, but you know what? I STILL HAVE NO ILL FEELINGS.

Heather Johnson said...

@ Sally Sunshine you are absolutely correct when you say sometimes you have to just turn it over to God, because he can handle things, people, circumstances, and situations far better than we can ever handle them. Thanks for the comment!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes